A coupled simulation of surface-subsurface fluid flow, sediment transport and flow bed change can be available in GETFLOWS. It is used for interpreting or predicting the spatial and long-term variations of the interaction between surface and subsurface water in hyporheic zone. Following processes can be adequately coupled in GETFLOWS;
- Surface and subsurface water flow
- Interaction of surface and subsurface fluids (including water/air interacted-flow)
- Bed-load and suspended-load transport
- Turbulence diffusion of suspended load with settlement and uplifting
- Grain size distribution of surface soil
- Landform change
Conceptual model of surface-subsurface water, sediment transport and flow bed change coupled simulation.
Primary output of the simulation is soil flux, suspended load concentration, elevation of ground surface, saturation of each fluid phase, pressure, potential, etc.
Laboratory experiment for sediment transport by artificial heavy rainfall. Water flow and sediment transport (erosion and sedimentation) coupled processes forms the leaf-like flow paths on hill slopes.
Predicted distribution of soil flux and landform change around forest area.
Various Applications of GETFLOWS
- Landform change analysis caused by water flow
- Water resources management in forestry or catchment areas
- IWRM (Integrated Water Resources Management)
- Settling integrated sediment management planning
Copyright© 2000-2016, Geosphere Environmental Technology Corp. All Rights Reserved.