GETFLOWS reproduces the terrestrial water flow system in detail by air-water 2-phase fluid flow simulation. The initial state of fluid distribution is achieved through field initialization process and other phenomena can be analyzed afterward. The complicated spatial features, such as topography, geology, meandering rivers, riverbed topography and man-made structures, can easily be modeled by Corner-Pointed Finite Difference Grid system. As the hydro-geological properties can be assigned to each grid block or its surfaces, wall surface of tunnels, sheet and wall-like artificial structures can be built in the simulation model.
The initial state of fluid field generated by field initialization simulation
Development of unsaturated zone
Emergence and formation process of surface water flow
3D streamline calculated through air-water 2-phase fluid flow simulation. The blue streamlines show slowly flowing groundwater and the red streamlines are rapid river/surface flow.
Various Applications of GETFLOWS
- Analyzing the interaction between surface and subsurface water (drying of rives, Discharge/Recharge, Evaluation of river flow rates, Improvement of water resources utilization plan, etc.)
- River flow simulation
- Variably-saturated groundwater flow simulation (Conventional seepage flow simulation)
- The environmental impact assessment of constructing tunnels, dams, flood controlling ponds, underground structures, etc.
- Water resources development
- Optimization of water pumping planning
Copyright© 2000-2016, Geosphere Environmental Technology Corp. All Rights Reserved.